For GRC Corporate News:Please see: blog.grc.com
- We’re Moving! Come on over and check-out the new place!
- The “Encryption” Debate
- Yes… TrueCrypt is still safe to use.
- An Imagined Letter from the TrueCrypt Developer(s)
- Whither TrueCrypt?
- A quick mitigation for Internet Explorer’s new 0-day vulnerability
- The Lesson of Lavabit
- IronMan 3 was “Unbelievable”… but not in a good way.
- Reverse Engineering RSA’s “Statement”
- Why Firesheep’s Time Has Come
Seems like only yesterday…
- "DNSpionage" Security Now! #711 Show Notes: bit.ly/2VZNHFz Lots of interesting news of the week and a look… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… / 1 day ago
- "DragonBlood" Security Now! #710 Show Notes: bit.ly/2DinhI1 The first (successful) attacks against the for… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… / 1 week ago
- "URL "ping" Tracking" Show Notes: bit.ly/2D1f8Y7 The final browser capitulation to unblockable tracking of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… / 2 weeks ago
- "Android Security" (quotes not meant to demean: impressive results at Android's 10th birthday.) Security Now! #708… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… / 3 weeks ago
- "Tesla, Pwned" Security Now! #707 Show Notes: bit.ly/2CDMpII Waaaay too much to talk about this week, inc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… / 4 weeks ago
- 468,639 eyeball pairs
Copyright, Reuse, etc.Feel free to copy/paste anything here anywhere else. Attribution would be appreciated.
Author Archives: Steve Gibson
My two-cent take on IronMan 3: This was a Disney/Marvel collaboration. Perhaps one problem was that it was too much Disney and insufficient Marvel. The thing I was conscious of at many points throughout the movie, was that in ridiculously … Continue reading
Responsible Disclosure? Ummm, not so much…Sharable Shortlink On March 17th, 2011, Art Coviello, RSA Security‘s Executive Chairman, posted a disturbingly murky statement on their website disclosing their discovery of an “APT” (Advanced Persistent Threat). In other words, they discovered that … Continue reading
This is what it takes to effect change…Sharable Shortlink At Noon on Sunday, October 24th, 2010, during the final day of the 12th annual Toorcon Security Conference held in San Diego, two Seattle, Washington-based hackers, Eric Butler and Ian Gallagher, … Continue reading
What any open hotspot can do to protect its users…Sharable Shortlink Amid all the fury over the release of Firesheep, no one else seems to have noticed, or at least mentioned, that the only thing any WiFi hotspot needs to … Continue reading
What the evidence indicates is going on…Sharable Shortlink On Friday, June 25th, I tweeted a link to a YouTube video created and posted by one of my Twitter followers — @antio — whom I have every reason to believe is … Continue reading
ONLY NECESSARY for Windows XP and Server 2003Sharable Shortlink UPDATES: As predicted, very soon after news of this new vulnerability became public, exploits began appearing on the Internet. We have no way of knowing how long Microsoft will take to … Continue reading
Consider immediately upgrading to Adobe Flash v10.1.Sharable Shortlink June 10th, 2010 UPDATE: Adobe dealt with the recent problems in v10.0.x.x of their always-troubled FLASH player by dropping it in favor of releasing v10.1 (Get v10.1 Here). Since this page had … Continue reading