For GRC Corporate News:Please see: blog.grc.com
- The “Encryption” Debate
- Yes… TrueCrypt is still safe to use.
- An Imagined Letter from the TrueCrypt Developer(s)
- Whither TrueCrypt?
- A quick mitigation for Internet Explorer’s new 0-day vulnerability
- The Lesson of Lavabit
- IronMan 3 was “Unbelievable”… but not in a good way.
- Reverse Engineering RSA’s “Statement”
- Why Firesheep’s Time Has Come
- Instant Hotspot Protection from “FireSheep”
Seems like only yesterday…
- "Adiantum" - Security Now! #701 Show Notes: bit.ly/2BwJgdt Lots of interesting news of the week with sever… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… / 5 days ago
- "700 and Counting!" Security Now! Show Notes: bit.ly/2TxVwRX Our standard fare of the past week's news and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… / 1 week ago
- "Browser Extension Security" Security Now! #699, Show Notes: bit.ly/2TlpuIP A whole bunch of news and an u… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… / 2 weeks ago
- Security Now! #698 "Which Mobile VPN Client?" Show Notes: bit.ly/2B8fPhJ And lots of news, some errata, m… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… / 3 weeks ago
- Security Now! #697 "Zerodium" Show Notes: bit.ly/2SXcaKe A great bunch of fun and interesting news of the past week! / 1 month ago
- 467,407 eyeball pairs
Copyright, Reuse, etc.Feel free to copy/paste anything here anywhere else. Attribution would be appreciated.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Responsible Disclosure? Ummm, not so much…Sharable Shortlink On March 17th, 2011, Art Coviello, RSA Security‘s Executive Chairman, posted a disturbingly murky statement on their website disclosing their discovery of an “APT” (Advanced Persistent Threat). In other words, they discovered that … Continue reading
This is what it takes to effect change…Sharable Shortlink At Noon on Sunday, October 24th, 2010, during the final day of the 12th annual Toorcon Security Conference held in San Diego, two Seattle, Washington-based hackers, Eric Butler and Ian Gallagher, … Continue reading
What any open hotspot can do to protect its users…Sharable Shortlink Amid all the fury over the release of Firesheep, no one else seems to have noticed, or at least mentioned, that the only thing any WiFi hotspot needs to … Continue reading
What the evidence indicates is going on…Sharable Shortlink On Friday, June 25th, I tweeted a link to a YouTube video created and posted by one of my Twitter followers — @antio — whom I have every reason to believe is … Continue reading
ONLY NECESSARY for Windows XP and Server 2003Sharable Shortlink UPDATES: As predicted, very soon after news of this new vulnerability became public, exploits began appearing on the Internet. We have no way of knowing how long Microsoft will take to … Continue reading
Consider immediately upgrading to Adobe Flash v10.1.Sharable Shortlink June 10th, 2010 UPDATE: Adobe dealt with the recent problems in v10.0.x.x of their always-troubled FLASH player by dropping it in favor of releasing v10.1 (Get v10.1 Here). Since this page had … Continue reading
They’re being called “Media Tablets,” I call them the future.Post’s Permalink Announcing my new “Pad-oriented” Twitter Account: @SGpad I am splitting my Twitter Tweeting into two separate accounts: @SGgrc for non-Pad notes, thoughts, comments, observations and news… and a new … Continue reading